Rear Window Part 2

 He did in fact kill his wife and tried to kill again.

    In the last article about the movie Rear Window, I made predictions about the ending. Those predictions were that the man across the yard did kill his wife and cut her up with his saws. I said he put her body parts in his suitcase and brought them somewhere during the night. He did that three times in the same night to get rid of the whole body at once. He wanted to make sure the smell wouldn't get bad to raise suspicions. I thought that man was very calm about it because he was finally without the trouble his wife would give him.

    I was almost 100% right about the ending. I guessed right about the husband killing his wife. Also about him cutting his wife up. The only thing we actually have no idea about is how he got rid of the body. The movie doesn't specify it. I guess it is open to our imagination. It could be in his suitcase during that night or could be in that massive box attached with a rope that he sent away. So, I could consider I am right but I won't because there is no actual answer to that.

    The end of the movie got a little bit crazy very quickly. Jeff, the main character, was still so convinced that the man across murdered his wife. He kept investigating. One day, a dog was found dead in the murderer's yard. That dog was owned by his neighbors above that would let their dog walk around the yard to pee. The lady owner screamed and all the neighbors got out of their apartments to see what was happening except for the murderer. With all those suspicions, Lisa, the girlfriend, and Stella, Jeff's masseuse really wanted to help the photographer at the point of breaking into the murderer's apartment. Lisa went in there and found the dead wife's wedding ring, giving them proof that she was dead. She sadly got caught by the man and the cops got there to arrest her. While the cops were taking Lisa to the office, the murderer saw Jeff spying on him across the yard. The man ended up walking all the way over to our hero's home. He knew Jeff had proof of the murder and his only solution was to kill him. He tried to fight against Jeff to push him over and out the window. Jeff fought long enough that the police were brought back by Lisa, that was able to talk to the friend investigator. The murderer got caught but Jeff still fell out the window. Luckily, he didn't die but he broke both his legs this time and was stuck in that room for another few weeks.

    I think this was a very interesting movie and a good and funny way to finish it. I like that Hitchcock was able to make it serious in a way that there is action but that it is also kind of funny. I also have to consider that it was made in 1954 and the special effects weren't the greatest. I enjoyed watching that movie and I think it was missing in my culture. I had never watched a movie directed by Alfred Hitchcock and from my research and what we have talked about he is a very good director. I got the proof in this movie. With how technology and content are nowadays, everything being so fast and changing so rapidly, I find it hard to stay focused watching older movies. I have to be honest, this one kept me captivated all the way through.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Backgrounds: Very Good or Very Bad

People Aren't Born "Assholes"